Planetary Hydrogen is working to develop and commercialize its negative emissions hydrogen process which is based on a salt-splitting electrochemical cell. Our strong team has experience in process engineering, power engineering, geochemical processes and electrochemical research science. We are looking for a key team member who brings strong experience in industrial electrochemistry to fill out that skill set.
As a member of our team, you will apply your experience in scaled electrochemical environments such as the chlor-alkali process to support development of our electrochemical approach in a way that leads to the potential for high scale deployments.
- Leading process design during studies, research, FEED and detailed engineering project phases
- Provide technical support of process design work including calculations, drawings and testwork
- Budget and resource forecast management for the process study scope
- Interface with other engineering disciplines to deliver best practice process design
- Liaise and contribute to the Planetary HydrogenTeam
- Expected to stay educated on the latest process technology developments
- Design innovation / lean thinking into process designs
- Demonstrate leadership in industry safety protocols
- Ability to effectively translate field and engineering experience to other process staff and design activities
- Leadership abilities including project management skills, lead design role capability and supervisory skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical/Electrochemical Engineering
You’re a perfect fit for this role if you:
- Have worked in an industrial electrochemical environment for at least 5 years in a chemical engineering or related role?
- Have a good understanding of the economic levers within the chlor-alkali or other scaled electrochemical system ?
- Have experience with non-traditional chemistries for salt splitting such as sulfate chemistry, or other non-chloride salts ?
- Are outcome-focused and creative about learning and failing quickly in the pursuit of a solution?