Planetary Hydrogen is seeking a strategic CFO or CDO (Chief Development Officer) to help drive our growth and go to market plans. This is no small role – we expect this person to be ambitious, driven and focused on making a huge positive impact on our business and the earth’s climate.
Our HR Lead and Office Manager Richelle sat down with CEO Mike to talk about what this role means to the company:
As the ideal candidate, you are someone who has strong experience in major projects within the natural resources (oil and gas, mining and metals), or related industries. You are just as comfortable structuring venture deals as you are negotiating terms for large scale deployments of the Planetary Hydrogen technology with major industrial companies and other partners. You are a creative and proactive dealmaker, able to understand project development deeply enough to generate accurate financial models for their deployment. You are adept at building relationships in order to pull together all the threads in order to create the opportunity for the PH technology to achieve climate-relevant scale.
As our ideal candidate, you:
- Have a driving desire to make a major impact on the climate emergency plus background and experience to navigate in this environment;
- Have experience working at senior strategic levels in major natural resources and energy-focused organizations such as oil and gas and utilities, mining and metals, or major suppliers to those organizations;
- Have developed strategic direction for major organizations or projects, reporting into the leadership levels;
- Have experience financing projects using carbon credit markets such as the LCFS and others;
- Have led financing exercises for projects with multiple partners in order to successfully complete projects including structuring joint ventures and various funding models;
- Relevant involvement in due diligence and risk mitigation exercises at $500 M+ greenfield and brownfield projects – international exposure a definite asset;
- Startup experience is a bonus – whether that’s within a startup environment or working on the other side of the table, helping large companies engage with startups
Are you the right fit? Shoot us a note at email@example.com